We are problem solvers. Optimists. We believe anything is possible, and that we can improve countless lives by partnering with extraordinary people to help realize their most ambitious visions.
We also believe that extraordinary causes demand extraordinary talent. Interested in working for a fast-paced and innovative firm, and collaborating with team members who thrive on delivering high-quality service and are motivated by doing work that makes a difference?
We are currently hiring for a Project Assistant Intern, Fall 2018. See the job description below. We hope to hear from you soon!
Project Assistant Intern, Fall 2018
Research & Writing
- Research and synthesize information on topics or countries, current events, individuals and organizations.
- Research and analyze a broad range of international issues, including global health, security, conflict and foreign relations policy issues.
- Draft and edit briefing papers, talking points, advocacy plans, policy analysis, press statements and web and social media content.
- Create, manage, catalog and coordinate photo and video for social media campaigns.
Logistics & Event Planning
- Develop and manage event related project plans, budgets, and timelines under often-fluid circumstances.
- Manage event logistics, including transportation, meals, lodging, scheduling, venues, guest lists, and other components as necessary.
- Purchase and organize event supplies.
Project & Administrative Support
- Support williamsworks staff with a wide variety of projects, both client and internal, learning trips and events.
- Assist with administrative office tasks such as answering phones, emails, coordinating mailings and handling inquiries and requests from internal and external sources.
Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Graduate student in public policy or international studies preferred
- Experience with research and writing in a professional environment
- Demonstrated making an impact
- Critical thinker with excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Highly communicative, proactive approach to work assignments
- Self-directed while also a natural team player, flexible and responds well to change
- Takes the job seriously without taking oneself too seriously; good sense of humor
- Absolute and unquestioned integrity
- Spanish speaker preferred
Hours flexible and anywhere from 10-25 per week, commencing immediately and continuing through the end of the fall semester with potential to continue. williamsworks offers a competitive stipend and can combine with university credit if applicable.
How to Apply
We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants
· Email résumé, cover letter and writing sample to emily (at) williamsworks (dot) com
· Ensure the subject states “Intern”
· Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a phone interview with successful candidates invited to interview in person