We are problem solvers. Optimists. We believe anything is possible, and that we can improve countless lives by partnering with extraordinary people to help realize their most ambitious visions.
We also believe that extraordinary causes demand extraordinary talent. Interested in working for a fast-paced and innovative firm, and collaborating with team members who thrive on delivering high-quality service and are motivated by doing work that makes a difference?
About the Company
At williamsworks, we have pioneered something new.
We are a strategic advisory firm infused with a unique combination of visionary thinking, subject matter expertise, a global network of valuable connections and full-service, innovative make-it-happen support to help forward-looking individuals, non-profit organizations, public entities, foundations and corporations amplify their impact and achieve our shared goal of creating and sustaining positive change.
Fast-paced and innovative, the firm seeks team members who thrive on delivering high-quality service and are motivated by doing work that makes a difference.
Position Description & Responsibilities
We are seeking to fill a Research Analyst role on our team in Seattle (or remotely), in support of our client’s work to expand the right to free knowledge around the globe. This is a full-time independent contractor position through September 2017. We will consider hiring on a part-time basis for the right candidate.
Research, Writing & Analysis
- Research, synthesize, and summarize information on varied topics, which may include movement models, technology trends, consumer behavior, global education, public policy, social sector partners and more.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of a diverse database of research sources, including: original market research conducted by staff; data from online surveys, in-person discussions, and other submission; and existing academic or industry research.
- Draft, edit, proofread, and revise internal and external documents for mass publication. Produce written reports on findings and design concise PowerPoint presentations that clearly convey key ideas.
Project Coordination & Support
- Support team as needed, including coordination of project tasks, meetings, events, travel, and more.
- Draft correspondence to individuals and organizations around the world.
Fulfill other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education, Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- 1-2 years prior experience involving some combination of the following in a government, non-profit, consulting, or international relations setting:
- research and quantitative/qualitative data analysis
- coordinating across multiple projects for internal & external stakeholders
- working and managing complex logistics and trip and/or event planning
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and Google applications (Docs, Slides, Spreadsheets, Hangout, and Gmail). Strong skills in PowerPoint/Slides are highly desired.
- Manages work well in uncertain or ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, shows initiative and is not afraid to ask questions or offer new ideas.
- Excellent communication skills and judgment; experience applying both skills to internal teams, external stakeholders, and managing-‘up’
Qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. and have a valid passport.
This is an independent contractor position, and is not eligible for any benefits. We are looking for someone to start immediately, and the work would conclude in September 2017.
How to Apply
We regret we are not in a position to respond to phone inquiries.
- Email résumé and cover letter to shannon (at) williamsworks (dot) com
- Ensure the subject states “Research Analyst”.
- Candidates under consideration will be scheduled for a phone interview with successful candidates invited to interview in person.
Learn more about us, our clients and our work at www.williamsworks.com.